Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myALZteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 9, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responded reassuringly to a question about PET scan experiences, with the overwhelming majority reporting no reactions or problems... Read more

Members responded reassuringly to a question about PET scan experiences, with the overwhelming majority reporting no reactions or problems with the isotope injection. Several members shared helpful details, like being able to listen to music during the scan, keeping eyes closed to stay relaxed, and one noting they had no issues even with a pacemaker. A recurring theme was that the process itself felt simple and manageable, though one member pointed out that you must avoid contact with young children, pregnant people, or those with serious health conditions for at least an hour after the scan.

A myALZteam Member

Just like Richard10, I have had 2 scans. Absolutely no problems at all. They asked me what type of music I would like to listen to. I closed my eyes and relaxed & enjoyed the music.

April 10, 2025
A myALZteam Member

Brenda, I have had 2, both with isotopes. No problem. The DO immobilize your head, so if you are claustrophobic, you may want sedation.

April 9, 2025
A myALZteam Member

I have had 2 pet scans and no reaction either time.

September 4
A myALZteam Member

I have had 2 with no problem.

July 7
A myALZteam Member

Same here, no issues from this rock and roll lady.

June 18

Related Questions

View All
A myALZteam Member asked a question 💭
Long Island, NY