"My Dad is having a really rough week and I keep hoping that he'll bounce back. He continues to have real problems articulating what he wants to do, particularly after dinner. This isn't sundowning. It may be fatigue but his brain just starts to shut down." -A member on myALZteam
On myALZteam, the social network and online support group for family and friends caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Fatigue is one of the most discussed subjects.
Here are some conversations about fatigue:
• It's hard to be a caregiver when fatigued and my mom is aggravated.
• I took my husband to a concert - a rare treat as we're limited to what we can do because of his fatigue. It's sad to his decline, but I'm happy he's having a nice time.
• I'm feeling fatigued after a hectic couple of weeks. My husband is having communication difficulties.
• My husband and I both caught the flu! The fatigue makes it hard to get back into my regular routine and to care for my husband.
• When my spouse is tired he get's grumpy. This helps him before seeing family...
• My husband has Alzheimer's and he is really cold most of the time as well as being very tired. Is this symptomatic of the disease?
Can you relate?
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to myALZteam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.
Get more articles like this!
Subscribe to receive the latest articles about Alzheimer's.