Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myALZteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 9, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A myALZteam Member

@A myALZteam Member, I would always make safety the priority. If he poses as risk to himself or others on the road, it is time to stop driving.

November 10, 2024
A myALZteam Member

That's a good idea. I hate to take his license when he seems to be doing well with it.

November 9, 2024
A myALZteam Member

I don't think there is a way to determine this. Things can progress slowly for many people. The difficult part is that someone's status can change very abruptly. I believe in many states, the dr.can order a driving evaluation. I think an annual test is a good idea. Or maybe even every 6 months, depending.

November 9, 2024 (edited)
A myALZteam Member

It’s more a question of what stage he’s in. Some people have a very, very gradual progression; others progress quickly. So determine what stage your husband is in. Stage 5 can be “iffy”; by Stage 6 it’s probably a very hard no.

November 9, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A myALZteam Member asked a question 💭
Kansaa city

A myALZteam Member asked a question 💭
Cape Town, ZA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In