My aunt has Alzheimer’s and is still driving. She has gotten list and we are looking for some type of tracking device to attach to her car. Recommendations from those that have experience would be greatly appreciated.
Is it safe (for her and for others) if she continues driving? It is always hard to give up our independence, but safety has to come first.
When my husband started having trouble with directions, I just started driving everywhere. I told him I would rather he stopped driving before he had an accident, rather than after. He finally agreed, and we gave his car away.
Tracking her will not prevent an accident I stopped my husband from driving when he barely escaped getting hit because he made a. Left turn without yielding to incoming traffic having an argument is better than getting in a wreck and worse than that the loss of life
It's hard to loose your independence by driving, but it's dangerous for him and other people. This is part of decisions that are going to be hard.
If you put a cellphone in the car and have the App “Find a Friend “, you will be able to track her.
I use life360 with my daughter and other family members - thank God my mother does not go anywhere without my dad